Calgary is flourishing with Muslim youth day after day. The Chapter Youth Department (CYD) seeks to provide beneficial services and programs to cover the ever-changing needs of youth in this day and age. This department is unique as it has two branches: MAC Youth Juniors, which caters to youth ages 4 to 12 years old, and MAC Youth which caters to youth in Junior High, High School and University.
The CYD aims to guide and activate the youth in the community by bringing Islam into their daily lives, both spiritually and physically. According to their age groups, various programs and events are designed to engage the youth.
Some recurring programs are Sisters/Brothers youth clubs, Sisters/Brothers youth nights, Brothers qiyams, seasonal camps (spring, winter and summer), Ramadan programs, Path to Paradise, Story Time and Games Nights, and last but not least, Sisters/Brothers sports.
Such programs will (by the Grace of Allah) help youth develop into responsible and proud Muslims that will in the future contribute to society.
YOUTH OPEN HALAQAT
MAC Youth halaqat are religious study circles aimed at helping youth elevate themselves spiritually and mentally. Geared toward children and youth from Grades 1 to University, MAC Youth halaqat engage youth by offering talks on various topics followed by reflections and discussions. Guest speakers, brothers and sisters with a high level of Islamic knowledge and a wealth of experience in Islamic community work, are often brought on board to connect with our youth.
Halaqa topics are covered holistically and comprehensively, allowing youth to gain more than a cursory understanding of the subjects they are learning.
In the spirit of helping youth become well-rounded and knowledgeable in a wide range of subjects, topics include:
- Islamic content, such as the purification of the soul, history, etc.
- Soft skills like leadership, public speaking, and time management.
- Youth concerns, including problems regularly faced as well suitable Islamic solutions.
One of the primary goals of the MAC Youth halaqat is to provide youth with the opportunity to make new friends and develop beneficial, long-lasting relationships with other Muslim youth. Accordingly, the halaqat periodically organize various outdoor and indoor activities to give participants the chance to spend time together.
VOLUNTEER WITH MAC YOUTH
Are you a passionate youth leader who cares about community work, and especially working with young children and youth? Do you want to leave a positive impact on our ummah and help our youth flourish and gain a better sense of identity? Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer opportunity to help you become a stronger youth leader?
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? COME JOIN OUR SUMMER 2022 VOLUNTEER TEAM!
The MAC Calgary Youth Department is looking for qualified and passionate youth leaders to volunteer at our Summer 2022 youth programs. Our programs include:
- 6-week Summer Day Camps for Gr. 1-6 youth (Starting July 4)
- Junior High Workshop Series & Programs (July & August)
- High School Workshop Series & Programs (July & August)
In order to be considered for these awesome volunteer opportunities, make sure to fill out the application form below.
Application deadline: Wednesday, June 22, 2022
In shaa Allah only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Through its individual-empowerment and community development framework, MAC United is committed to its vision:
- Continue to be governed and operated by volunteers.
- Provide a platform for athletes to excel in the sport of Soccer and to learn about good sportsmanship.
- Provide an opportunity for parents to become coaches where they know about Soccer and teach it to the kids.
- Engage the community to help support our club by establishing a great partnership with sponsors.
- Strive to buy our soccer facility where kids can have more access to Soccer.